Mastering inquiries: A journey to your first five-star review
Hey host, we’re glad you’re here!
Communicating with guests may be the most time-consuming part of your day-to-day hosting duties, but it’s also the most crucial to your success on Peerspace.
Before we dive in, let’s take the time to learn about the importance of responsiveness. We’ve said it before, but it’s worth saying again — hosts who respond within 24 hours are 5x more likely to land bookings. As Power Host Mark H. says, “There is a direct correlation between my response time and conversion rate.”
Your response time is publicly displayed on your listing page and is often a determining factor in a guest’s decision to message you in the first place. In addition, responsiveness plays a key role in your eligibility for the Power Host Program.
The following tips will help you make speedy replies a breeze.
Promptly kick off the conversation with a pre-written message template
- Explore the Peerspace Message Library: Because guests message multiple hosts, “striking the right tone” by responding quickly and professionally is a key sales tactic in landing bookings. With this in mind, access to well-proofread, pre-written message templates can make all of the difference. In the words of Power Host Chris H., “Because I’ve already put a lot of thought into each response, it lets guests know I’m prepared. I think that goes a long way.”
Host tip: Put in the time now to develop a few thoughtful responses of your own, using our Message Library as a starting point. Save them as shortcuts in your inbox and you’ll be sure to make a great first impression.
Get to know your guest by asking the questions that matter
- 21 Questions Every Host Should Ask: Have you thought about what you want to ask a guest who might book with you? Based on past learnings, your peers have shaped a list of essential questions every host should ask when receiving an inquiry. Take a look and think about which ones are most relevant to you.
Host tip: Preparing to answer guests’ questions, such as coordinating a site visit, is equally as valuable when it comes to landing bookings. Brush up on your hosting knowledge, or ask a question of your own, in our official online host community.
Offer a custom price to seal the deal
- Upsell or offer a discount to your guest: Our data shows that hosts with clear, all-inclusive pricing get booked more often. With that said, we know that bookings aren’t one-size-fits-all. If you’re interested in presenting a special price to your guest, offer a Custom Price. Think of this feature as an alternative to “sending the proposal.” The guest accepts the offer, agrees to your terms, and makes payment with the click of a button.
Host tip: Remember, Peerspace applies a 5% fee to the guests’ subtotal. Make sure to mention this fee when discussing a final total to ensure there are no surprises.
While this list isn’t exhaustive, adopting these best practices now will better prepare you for your hosting journey on Peerspace. Trust us, your future self will be glad you did!
- Site Visits – Everything you need to know
- Host Safety – Why you should keep it on Peerspace
- Trusted, Experienced Skilled – Chris’ Path to Power Host Status