Tyvan Hill is a 10,000 square foot U-shaped brick and stone French Normandy style mansion designed by the prominent New York architectural firm of Peabody, Wilson & Brown for John Wesley Castles Jr. and his wife, Dorothea Bradford Smith. Built between 1928 and 1929. this mansion is typical of the large country residences and features beautiful details, such as a curved staircase, paneling and elegant moldings. The house is situated on 26 acres of pristine rural land, atop the highest point in Harding Township, providing natural light throughout the day, and evening sunset off the back patios. The property features a large stone walled courtyard, guarded by two cement eagles, which can fit 10+ automobiles and large scale equipment. The main house is currently unfurnished and features 10 bedrooms, formal foyer, parlor, library and ballroom – 8.1 baths and many fireplaces. The property has a beautiful detached pool house with vaulted ceilings and a heated pool.
Don't see an amenity you're looking for? Ask the host, John