***Please read the listing thoroughly before booking! Due to there being two horses roaming free, there are some firm guidelines for having the best experience possible.***
This is a space to relax, unplug, and enjoy the simple things in life. Sit on the porch and watch horses and deer graze in the fields, or start a bonfire and sip whiskey under the stars. When the ranch isn’t rented out to fine guests like yourself (and yes, they entire 10 acres are yours), the owners are out here cherishing their home away from home.
Neon Moon has a three bedroom, 2.5 bath, 2,000 square foot house for our guests:
* A spacious kitchen with range, full size refrigerator with freezer, microwave, coffee maker (filters are provided), cooking supplies, and toaster. Please note, there is no dishwasher.
* Complimentary spices, water, coffee, sugar, half & half, sweetener, and creamer. The water is hard out here, so bottled water is also provided.
* Three queen-sized beds, two bathrooms with showers, a TV with a wide assortment of DVDs, and WiFi.
* Washer + dryer
There is a full-time caretaker who lives on the property who will be able to lend a hand if you need anything. She also cares for and monitors the horses, Chester and Eli.
***The Horses (IMPORTANT)***
Chester and Eli are lovely horses, but should really be thought of more as lawn decorations than pets to interact with. They will be curious about guests, but if you are not familiar with horses, we recommend keeping your distance. They are incredibly sweet and we absolutely adore them, but they are also big and unpredictable, and not too dissimilar from wild animals in how their brains work when they feel especially hungry, scared, or anxious.
Please read the following and make sure you feel comfortable with the risks of staying at a ranch with free-roaming horses. You are responsible for keeping your distance from the horses. If they approach you and you do not want them around, you can clap, yell, and stomp to scare them away. If you need assistance with getting the horses out of your space, or have any questions, please contact the on-site property manager.
* DO NOT FEED THE HORSES. Our property manager takes great care of them and feeds them a healthy diet. Feeding them any “people food” or treats by hand can encourage them to invade your personal space and bite. Horse bites can be very serious injuries – make sure children are under supervision at all times when the horses are around.
* DO NOT RIDE THE HORSES. We hope this one is self-explanatory, but just to be clear: Under no circumstances should guests get on the horses. You could be seriously injured, and could cause injury to the horses.
* DO NOT LEAVE DOORS OPEN OR ITEMS OUTSIDE WITHOUT SUPERVISION. Chester is an especially curious horse. He will put his head in any open window, walk in any door, and it’s way easier for him to get in than it is for you to get him out. He also loves to forage for food and toys in any unsupervised bags, so make sure you don’t leave anything outside that he could get into (including in the bed of a truck, on the back porch, etc).
If you have concerns with any of the above, please message us and we can discuss ways to make your stay with the horses as easy and enjoyable as possible.
***Other Things to Know***
Neon Moon Ranch is in the country – and with that comes some elements of country living! While we have no doubt you’ll have an enjoyable, comfortable stay, there are some things to be aware of:
* Our water comes directly from an 800-foot well. This means the water is hard, but it's perfectly safe to drink, cook with, and bathe in. We also provide bottled water.
* Our caretaker has a friendly dog named Ted who roams free on the property. You are welcome to interact with him, but he will leave you alone if you prefer.
* Being in the country, there are insects on the property, but we spray on a weekly basis and don't anticipate guests having issues with them.
* The floor is concrete, which means it can be slippery. Please be careful!
* Our waste water is on a septic tank system, so please do not flush any products except toilet paper down the toilets, and do not pour any chemicals, grease, or oils down the sink.
If you have any questions or requests to make your stay easier or more comfortable, please reach out to the on-site property manager. We do our best to make sure everyone has what they need for a great visit.