• OVERTIME •
Overtime will be billed in half-hour increments at a rate of 1.5x the hourly rate of the space; this includes any time spent before or after your confirmed booking. We do not accommodate free time for setting up and tearing down, so that time needs to be included in your reservation. At the end of your reservation, you must remove all belongings and items that you brought into the space and leave the property to avoid this overage charge. If your overtime conflicts with the next reservation, you will be billed at 2.5x the hourly rate as a result of this negligence.
• OFFICE SPACE + OFFICE HOURS •
A studio manager or studio associate may be working in the upstairs office at any time or any day of the week. Additionally, if your project has begun before a studio manager or associate has arrived to the office, one may enter the office during your shoot, as well. Regardless of this, a studio manager fee is still required for any on-site assistance with your project. If your project requires a closed set or if you have any questions about this, please send us a message for further assistance. Under no circumstances may any guests touch, use, move, relocate or interact with anything in the upstairs office or you will be charged an additional $500 equipment usage fee to your rental. This includes computers, monitors, desks, cabinets, as well as any or all hardware that is located in the upstairs office. Nothing in the office space is included in your rental and it should not be used during your booking.
• GENERAL •
-Furniture and amenities may be moved around within the unit (EXCEPT FOR THE MIRROR AND GLASS TABLE), but they cannot be removed from the building, and they must be put back in their original place to avoid additional fees of $100.
-Damages to anything in the unit will be billed at as an additional, variable charge based on the cost of repairs.
-No cooking, whether that be frying, grilling, or open flame cooking, is allowed inside or outside of the building, or you will receive an additional charge of $500.
-There is NO smoking(including marijuana) allowed in the front of or inside the building and unit, or you will receive an additional charge of $500.
-Consumption of alcohol is allowed ONLY when you book the space with the "Alcohol Corkage Fee" add-on. Without this, you will be charged $500 for the violation. Underage drinking is strictly prohibited.
-Pets are ONLY allowed with a "Pet fee" add-on. Without this add-on or authorization from the host, you will be charged a $65 pet fee+ additional $150 penalty.
-No glitter or confetti, dry color, oil, liquid, chalk, dirt, soil, sand, rocks, or similar materials can be used, or you will be charged an additional deep cleaning fee of $500.
• CYC WALL RULES •
- If requested or needed, a cyc wall repainting costs $60.
- Don’t step on the curved part of the wall, as it can be easily broken.
- Don’t drag furniture, stands, tripods, or other heavy equipment across the cyc wall area. Instead, lift and carry them over to prevent damage or scratches to the cyc wall. You can book a studio manager, using our add-ons, for help if needed.
- Don’t use, bring, or drag sharp objects onto the cyc wall or you will be charged a cyc wall restoration fee for damages they make on the wall.
- Do not eat or drink near the cyc wall to avoid food stains; you will be charged a cyc wall restoration fee for removing food or beverage stains or damage, based on the cost of the repair.
- Do not put your feet on or lean against the vertical wall or the curved part of the wall. If you do this, you will be charged a $60 repainting fee for repainting the vertical wall [not the floor.] Additionally, if damages are done to the vertical wall, you will be charged for the cost of repairing any damages made to the wall or curve, along with the repainting fee.
- Don’t skate or ride in any way on the curved cyc wall corner, or you will be charged for repainting and repairs.
- Any structural damage to the cyc wall will result in a cyc wall restoration fee based on the repair cost.
- Do not use paint, confetti, glitter, dry color, oil, liquid, chalk, dirt, soil, sand, rocks, or similar materials on the wall and the floor. All these materials stick to surfaces easily and are very difficult to clean. We charge $500 for the deep cleaning fee + Cyc repaint fee for any guest who violates this rule.
It’s important to pre-plan your shoot because if you photograph someone covered in oil for one shot, you will have to clean both the model and the cyc wall for the second shot.
- For guests who intentionally disrespect the space and Cyc wall, we will charge a $500 deep cleaning fee + $60 Cyc repaint fee.
• TO KEEP THE CYC WALL FLOOR AS CLEAN AS POSSIBLE •
- Avoid walking on the cyc wall before the shoot; otherwise, you will get it dirty before your project even begins shooting or filming.
- Before you step on the cyc wall, clean your shoes’ soles or try taping them. You can either wash and dry the soles beforehand or tape the soles. (We also recommend bringing your own Clorox wipes or gaff tape for this.) The best option is to have a separate pair of clean shoes for only walking on a cyclorama or bring shoe covers for your crew.
- Prepare your model or actor’s shoes by ensuring the soles are clean/taped and leave them on the cyclorama. (We recommend bringing your own Clorox wipes or gaff tape for this, too.) It is best to have a separate pair of shoes for your subject to wear while they are not walking on the cyc wall.
- Only allow the model to walk on the cyc wall with their clean shoes to prevent footprints as much as possible; you will not be happy editing all the footprints later. If they need a hair/makeup/styling touch-up, we suggest having them meet the crew member at the edge of the floor to help the foundation stay clean.
- Don’t forget that bare feet can even leave marks on the cyc wall floor, too!
- If you have the option to bring sticky mats, that does a great job of helping keep your model’s shoes clean. Try tapping the soles of your shoes on a sticky mat until you get rid of all dirt from the soles. You can also test this by stepping on the edge of the cyclorama. If your shoes don’t leave marks – you might be good to go. Otherwise, try tapping on them more.
• SEAMLESS BACKDROP PAPER RENTAL •
Backdrops are not complimentary and must be added onto your reservation at least 48 hours prior to your shoot date using the add-on feature. We can rent 1-3 rolls to each guest and color availability is based on what we have in stock. For multi-day shoots, please make sure to add the paper rental for each day that you would like this add-on included. Any guest who uses or damages the roll from start to finish will be billed for the entire cost ($80 per roll) of the roll. Any guest who attempts to violate this will be billed for the expense of replacing any rolls they attempt to use ($80 per roll) without a backdrop rental add-on.
• RESCHEDULING FEE •
If you need to reschedule your project at least 7 days in advance and have only booked one day in the studio, we are happy to accommodate a complimentary adjustment to your reservation. If you need to reschedule within 7 days of your booking date and only reserved one day in the studio, you will need to pay our “Rescheduling Fee” (weekdays and weekends have different rescheduling fees) that is shown in our studio add-on’s. If you have reserved the studio for a multitude of days and need to reschedule, please send us a message to coordinate, as you may have to pay one rescheduling fee for every day that you need to adjust.
• QUIET ENJOYMENT •
In order for us to be able to provide a wonderful space for everyone to use, it is important that the other tenants in this building are respected through their legal right to quiet enjoyment within the building. This means that absolutely NO loud music with bass that could shake the building, no live bands, and no sound or DJ equipment may be brought into the space to be used. Bluetooth speakers that fit on a table top are permitted if the music playing from them is at a reasonable level. Additionally, if we receive a complaint about loud noise from one of the commercial or residential tenants, the sound must get quiet or your booking will have to end.
• INSURANCE •
Depending on the scale and aspects of your project and the size of the crew, it is up to our discretion to determine whether or not it is necessary to provide proof of insurance. Proof of insurance is mandatory for all union projects within the space, as well as for equipment rentals. We are not liable for any injury to yourself, your guests, or your property while in the space. By agreeing to our space rules, you confirm that as the renter, it is your responsibility to maintain the safety of everything and everyone while inside the unit.
• CLEANING •
We have a mandatory cleaning fee that is added to every reservation to accommodate a cleaner to sanitize the unit in between bookings, although guests must leave the space exactly how they found it, which includes taking out your trash and recycling and putting the amenities back where you found them. Do not use nails, screws, staples, or anything that may put holes in the walls of the unit or else it will be considered as damage to the space. Additionally, absolutely no gaffer's tape, duct tape, or gorilla tape is allowed to be used on any surfaces in the space and painter's tape is required for taping down backdrop paper. Failure to leave the space in the condition you found it in may result in an additional deep cleaning fee $500
• CHECK OUT •
Take out your trash and recycling to one of the trash rooms in the hallway when you are finished. Put the folding tables and chairs back in their original space. If the curtains were opened, they must all be closed again before your departure. Make sure that all of the lights have been turned off in the unit. When exiting, close the door behind you and double check to make sure the unit is locked prior to your departure; you will be charged with an additional fee for damages if the unit is not locked.