Who can stay:
9 guests maximum
Check-in after 4:00 PM
Checkout before 10:00 AM
10:00 PM - 10:00 AM
No parties or events
SECTION I: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Primary GUEST booking through the booking platform (e.g., Peerspace) website agrees to be the responsible party, and hereunto shall be referred to as GUEST. Myself, the owner, (“Kristin”) shall hereunto be referred to as LANDLORD.
We are super excited to host you at Alpine A-Frame and we kindly ask that you read the rules below to ensure a positive experience for everyone. Please respect our home and treat it as your own as we have put a lot of love and hard work into this house! We want you to ensure you have the best time with us.
2. At the time of the reservation request and/or instant booking, GUEST agrees to provide the following. Failure to provide this information at the time of your booking will result in cancellation (refund policy will apply):
1. Must have a Government ID/Valid Driver’s License (Must show this to our Check-In Manager during Check-In)
2. Total number of guests
3. Full Names and ages of all guests
4. Whether you, or any guests accompanying you, smoke.
3. GUEST agrees to sign a House Rules Rental Agreement, Snow Waiver (valid only through the months of November-March) and Good Neighbor Policy via Docusign within 24 hours of agreements being sent. Failure to sign these documents will result in the cancellation of GUEST’s reservation; cancelation policy will apply.
4. Unregistered guests/visitors are not permitted in the CABIN or on the property grounds at any time.
5A. Primary booking GUEST must be 25 years of age or older (in accordance with our Home Owners Insurance Requirements).
5. Guest is required by law to have tire chains in their possession at all times from November 1st through April 30th. The Big Bear Valley and the surrounding San Bernardino Mountains are subject to temporary power outages due to weather/natural events. GUEST hereby understands and accepts these risks as part of visiting the area and the home. No refunds will be given due to weather, fire, acts of nature, or "acts of God" that result in traffic/travel delays, road or highway closures, poor air quality, power outages, the requirement of chains, and/or the closure of the surrounding National Forest(s).
6. We provide a snow removal service for our driveway and stairs when snow reaches 2 inches or higher. However, local snow removal companies cannot guarantee a specific time the property will be serviced. Therefore, GUEST may have to shovel a spot in order to park if GUEST arrives early (prior to professional removal) or if it snows during GUEST’s stay. We have shovels and ice melt located in our garage.
7. For guests that violate our maximum permitted occupancy (of 9 guests), a fee of $500.00 per person per night will apply. GUEST also understands possible eviction and fines by San Bernardino County may be issued to the GUEST. If the LANDLORD is issued a fine (or fines) due to over-occupancy or any violation of other county ordinances, GUEST agrees to pay any and all fines issued to LANDLORD by San Bernardino County and/or the Sheriff's Department.
8. Fireplace - NO WOOD allowed to be burned in fireplace. We have gas burning logs, which require just turning the gas on and igniting the logs.
9. GUEST assumes all risk and liability by entering the CABIN and surrounding property grounds and by booking GUEST agrees to the release of liability waiver outlined directly below:
RELEASE OF LIABILITY WAIVER FORM/STATEMENT:
GUEST understands that the LANDLORD is not responsible for any injury, illness, or death and under no circumstances will the GUEST or their Invitees hold the LANDLORD responsible for any damages or claims of any kind resulting from their stay at the CABIN. GUEST additionally hereby acknowledges the LANDLORD is not responsible for any injury or death caused by slipping on snow or ice and that the GUEST and their Invitees are responsible for the removal of any residual snow and ice around the doorways and paths to the CABIN and/or parking areas.
GUEST and all Invitees hereby expressly, knowingly and freely assume all liability (or risk of liability) of any kind, for any injury, illness, or death (including due to COVID-19) of persons and/or damage to property of guest or any other person, from any cause whatsoever, foreseeable, or unforeseeable, resulting from the use, occupancy, or enjoyment of the CABIN by the GUEST, their Invitees, dependents, charges, or any person residing at the CABIN, or persons acting on their behalf, and GUEST hereby releases and discharges the LANDLORD from all liability, claims, demands, losses, or damages caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of LANDLORD or otherwise.
10. LANDLORD reserves the right to cancel this reservation at any time. If the LANDLORD cancels this reservation prior to the start of the reservation, as indicated by dates listed above, a full refund will be provided to the GUEST. If the LANDLORD cancels this reservation, following the arrival of GUEST to the CABIN, because GUEST has violated any portion or portions of this AGREEMENT between LANDLORD and GUEST, no refund shall be provided to GUEST.
SECTION II: HOUSE RULES
1. NO PARTIES. Parties of any kind (weddings, corporate events, bachelor/ bachelorette parties, house parties, etc.) are STRICTLY PROHIBITED. We have year-round neighbors on our street that will not tolerate such activities and will report these events immediately.
2. NO SMOKING. Big Bear is a high fire risk community. Smoking at the CABIN is dangerous. Additionally, it does not comply with our high quality standard. There will be a minimum $500.00 fine for evidence of smoking anywhere in/on the CABIN.
3. NO ANIMALS. For allergy/health reasons, animals are not permitted. Should GUEST not abide by this rule, GUEST agrees to pay a fee of $500.00 per animal per day or night (or any portion therefore). GUEST also agrees to pay any additional cleaning fees required to fully remove feces, urine, dirt/mud, fur, dander etc. from inside the CABIN and surrounding CABIN grounds due to the presence of animals.
4. Check-in is 4:00PM, checkout is 10:00AM. For early check-in/late-check-out, please obtain prior approval from us.
8. If GUEST fails to check out by 10:00 AM (or other agreed upon time), GUEST agrees to pay $100 per hour, each hour that GUEST overstays. After 3 hours of an additional overstay, GUEST agrees to pay for an additional nightly rate for those specific dates.
9. No candles permitted in bedrooms adjacent to beds (due to fire hazard).
10. Wood burning fires are strictly prohibited anywhere at the CABIN. Fires on the decks are strictly prohibited. The outdoor fire-pit is propane fueled only; wood logs are not permitted in the outdoor fire pit.
11.Do not set the thermostat lower than 60 degrees from October 1st - May 1st. This may result in the pipes freezing and bursting.
12.We provide propane for our BBQ and FIREPIT. An extra tank is located in the garage should gas run out, put please notify the LANDLORD when propane is out.
SECTION III: COUNTY LAWS/ORDINANCES
1. Maximum permitted occupancy is 9 people.
2. Maximum number of vehicles permitted is 3.
3. On-street parking is prohibited.
4. Please be respectful of neighbors. Quiet hours are from 10pm -7am. GUEST agrees to pay any/all fines issued to the LANDLORD by the San Bernardino Sheriff’s Dept. and/or by San Bernardino County Code Compliance for noise disturbances, over-occupancy, or any other violation pertaining to GUEST’s stay at the CABIN.
SECTION IV: VIOLATIONS
Failure to follow the terms of this AGREEMENT, comply with the “House Rules”, and/or complete all check-out requirements (sent by LANDLORD to GUEST), may result in additional fees.
Applicable fees include, but are not limited to:
1. Late Check-Out - $100 each hour of overstay. After 3 hours, a full night stay charge.
2. Any trash left inside home or outside - $30 per trash bag
3. Dirty Dishes left in sink - $50
4. Hot Tub cover left off - $50
5. Major stains on beds - $50
6. Any evidence of SMOKING inside/outside home - Minimum $500
7. Any Pets - $500 per animal, per night
8. Unauthorized Guests: $500 per person, per night
9. Noise on Deck after 10 AM or Hot Tub use after 10 PM - $500 (The City will issue this violation)
10. Extra Cleaning Fees: Minimum $100. Cost shall be determined by the LANDLORD's professional cleaners and will be based on the amount of time required to return the cabin to the state it was in at time it was received by guest.
Guest agrees to the following Check-out Instructions prior to arrival:
1. Check-out time is 10 AM (Unless otherwise agreed to)
2. Please put ALL trash in white trash bags and leave INSIDE our trash container located outside on our deck near the spa. Do not leave any trash outside the container as it will attract animals.
3. Please put ALL dishes in the dishwasher and start the cycle.
4. Please put cover back on HOT TUB and make sure all gas to Fire Pit, BBQ, and Fireplace are turned OFF.
5. Set thermostat to 65 Degrees
6. Double check and make sure FRONT DOOR is locked behind you when you leave.