• During the COVID-19 pandemic, all regulations and guidelines set by the DC government (posted online at https://coronavirus.dc.gov/) and effective as of the date(s) of your event, will be applicable to events in this space. This includes, but is not limited to, use of face masks, contact tracing, social distancing, and maximum event size.
THE FOLLOWING ARE PROHIBITED:
• Smoking/vaping (any substance) or drug use is not permitted anywhere at the venue, indoors or outdoors. Cannabis / edibles may not be consumed onsite or sold for later consumption or delivery.
• Guns, weapons, and ammunition (real or props) are not permitted. Any event security must be unarmed.
• The sale or distribution of anything related to the military or combat as well as partisan political activity including the sale or distribution of partisan political items are also not permitted.
POINT OF CONTACT
• A point of contact for the day of the event must be provided, if different than the Guest, including a cell phone number for this individual.
CATERING / ALCOHOL / DELIVERIES
• Outside catering is allowed. The venue maintains a list of preferred caterers with which has a relationship. Events are strongly encouraged to contract with one of the preferred caterers. With permission of our office, Guests may bring their own precooked food and nonalcoholic beverages.
• Kitchen access is not included but may be arranged at an additional cost.
• Consumption of alcohol (without prior permission arranged in advance) is prohibited. If alcohol is permitted by staff for celebratory events and receptions, only beer, wine, and champagne will be allowed; no liquors or spirits. Alcohol must be served by a bartender or catering staff. A DC alcohol license (caterer's license or temporary one day alcohol license) is required.
• The Guest or their caterer supplies serving utensils, table service, linens, table cloths, napkins, ice, coffee urns, cups, plates and all other materials needed for the event. These are not supplied by the venue.
• Food and other deliveries (and associated pickups) must occur during the hours booked unless agreed upon in advance.
• Per the DC noise control ordinance, noise must not rise above 60 dB(A) during the daytime or 55 dB(A) at night (after 9pm). Staff may monitor noise levels during your event and are empowered to request that music or other sound be turned down. Further, events must not disturb office tenants who may be onsite, particularly during the day on weekdays.
• Background (ambiance) music and short term use of louder music (such as a soloist or string quartet for a wedding ceremony) is likely to be approved for your outdoor event. Louder music such as a band or DJ may not fit our gardens but may work in one of our indoor spaces.
• Guests and attendees are asked not to linger in front of the building before, during, or after the event to avoid disturbing our neighbors.
• Candles are permitted (when continuously attended) if placed on plates or in cups/hurricanes for safety and to prevent wax drippings. (Candles must be extinguished in unoccupied rooms.)
• Nothing may be affixed to the walls, ceilings or floors except with painter’s tape.
• Glitter and confetti are prohibited.
• All decorations and other materials must be removed from the premises at the conclusion of the event.
WIFI & AUDIOVISUAL
• The WiFI may be used at guests' own risk. We will make a reasonable effort to make our WIFI services available during each event but the WIFI’s functionality is not guaranteed. Simultaneous use by multiple devices, livestreaming and other high bandwidth activities may severely affect the efficacy and speed of the WIFI network.
• The event organizer may borrow the venue's audiovisual equipment for the duration of the event and is responsible for returning it and all cables in the condition they were found in. Functionality is not guaranteed.
SETUP AND CLEAN UP
• Setup may not begin prior to the agreed upon start time of the booking. All decorations and other materials must be removed from the premises at the agreed upon end time of the booking. The venue will charge overtime for setup that begins before the agreed upon start time -- or if the event or its cleanup continues past the agreed upon end time.
• Unless agreed to in advance, setup and takedown of furniture and chairs by our staff is not included in the cost of the space. Setup and cleanup time must be included in the total rental time. Furniture must be returned to the location in which it was found at the beginning of the event.
Furniture currently in the room cannot be removed for events without the permission of our office. Additional fees may be charged.
• No pets allowed other than service animals.
• Guests must provide event liability insurance valid for the duration of the rental naming our organization as additionally insured and providing at least $1 million in liability coverage. This must include liquor liability if applicable to the event. Insurance is an additional cost and not included in the pricing shown on Peerspace. The venue has recommended vendors for purchasing this insurance.
• Children are welcome but must not be left unattended.
• In certain situations, we may grant you overnight storage or allow items to remain in your space(s) or other areas of the venue before or after the agreed-upon dates and hours of your event. These arrangements shall be wholly at your own risk. We shall have no responsibility or liability for items stored at, delivered to, or shipped to our venue except in cases of gross negligence or intentional acts.
• Guests should be aware that we have honeybee hives onsite (but not in event spaces).
• Garden access is not included unless purchased as an add on for an extra charge or otherwise agreed to in advance. If your rental also includes garden access:
• A rain plan -- either booking of an indoor space or tenting of the garden space -- is required for all bookings. The venue is not responsible for inclement weather if a rain plan is not established.
• DJs and loud music may not set up to play in the gardens due to the neighborhood noise ordinance. Background and ambience music may be allowed outdoors.
• Lighting in the gardens is limited after dark. String lighting may be available but its availability is not guaranteed.
• Do not step in landscaped areas.
• Tents, lighting, heat lamps, and fans may be erected in the gardens (with our approval in advance and from approved vendors). We do not own any of these. Heat may not be used on the grass.
• Do not pour any substance other than water on the grass or landscaping.