Want to start marketing your space on social media, but not quite sure where to start? Maybe you already have an account dedicated to your space, but aren’t seeing the results you hoped for. No need to stress: we’ve pulled together these tips and tricks to help you create engaging content, grow your following, and get more bookings.
What content should I feature?
Let’s start with curating content for your social feeds. First, make sure you have approval from your guests before filming. You can also tag their social media profiles to give them credit (and connect with new audiences!). Here are some quick, easy content ideas to spark inspiration.
- Setup and final shot: Shoot short videos of your Peerspace (pans of the entire space, plus detailed videos of key areas) and any stylized/edited photos or videos captured. Here’s a great example from @thebilly.studio!
- Host-guided tours: Introduce yourself with a selfie video, voiceover audio, or mirror selfie (ex. “Hi! I’m xxx and this is my Peerspace”) followed by a video tour of the space.
- Fun facts about your space: Tell us what inspired the design decisions in your Peerspace, and detail its most interesting features, amenities and quirks.
How should I capture content?
So you’ve got a great idea for content, but now you need to shoot it! Just so you know, your filming style can vary by social channel. For example, Instagram content tends to perform better when it’s a bit more polished, but guests prefer more raw, casual footage on TikTok. Check out more tips below.
- Videos tend to achieve higher impressions and engagement than static images because of social media algorithms (ex. Instagram will show a video to more folks than a photo).
- We recommend that videos be about 45 seconds or less.
- Hold your phone vertically when filming (rather than sideways) so your photos and videos don’t get cut off when posted.
What should I do when I post my content?
It’s time to make the most of your content! Here are some ways to ensure you’re getting maximum visibility and reach.
- Make sure we (and potential guests!) can find and engage with your content. Use the tag #madeinpeerspace and mention @peerspace.
- We’d love to post your content, too! Shoot us a direct message on Instagram with your photo and video files for a chance to be featured on our Instagram and TikTok accounts. Feel free to send as much footage as you have — we’ll edit and share it on our own channels — and be sure to tag your account so our followers know where to find you!
Any other tips or inspiration?
We can’t wait to see what you create! Some final advice as you head off into the world of social media marketing.
- Add your listing link in your social bios and on your website.
- Check out how other hosts are successfully running their social accounts:
Be sure to check out Peerspace’s community forum for more hosting tips.